Monday, March 15, 2010

Week Eight: Cloud Computing

I created an account with Google Docs. It was very easy to set up. The difficult part was finding a new friend from the 23ThingsKansas list. I did not receive any replies from my inquiry left on the website comments. Luckily, I befriended a fellow KASL member at our District II workshop last weekend. She developed an Excel spreadsheet of students and the William Allen White books they had read. She was needing help in organizing the information. I invited a couple of my current colleagues to join us. I can see where cloud computing would work well when creating a collaborative lesson with the classroom teacher(s). This would eliminate the need to find coordinating planning times. Each participant could work the project when they had the time. The only drawback is to make sure the person(s) you are working with replies in a timely manner. I can see this being a tool I would most likely use in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment